Saturday 16 April 2011

No longer a fresher!

I find it so hard to believe that my first official year of university is over! That’s it, im no longer a fresher and when I return next year that’s when all the real hard will truly begin. It’s really quite scary and daunting; the fact that time is literally running away and before you know it it’s the beginning of another new month or you’ve got another deadline approaching. This academic year has truly been a huge important learning curve for me in my life, not only do I feel educated but I also feel as if I’ve learnt a lot about myself and how I deal with certain situations. The whole university experience has taught me to emotionally grow up (sounds harsh but its true) and that in life you have to look out for yourself because nobody else is going to. Everyone is out there for theirselves. Along the way Ive met so many different types of people and made some amazing friends as well as slightly lost, but that’s life.

When I first came to university I remember how much I hated it and within two days I was ready to quit and go back home. Being in such a different environment and being around people who were so unlike to me was really hard to take in. every single day I was crying to the point where one day I was actually physically sick because I could not stop crying. Hand on my heart I can honestly say that I never believed I would still be here at the end of the year. Whilst I don’t regret staying, I definitely wish I had cared more about my university application and looked around at different universities and worked harder in my A-Levels.

Having said that, I have always believed that everything in my life happens for a reason. Whilst I try not to look into things too much, I do and I believe everyone in my life has a purpose and role to serve. I have met many people from all different sorts of backgrounds since being at university and each and every single one of them has definitely either changed me in a way or opened up my eyes and taught me something. I have some friends who I admire for their strength and positivity, and then I have met some people who possess certain qualities which have instantly made me dislike them. I definitely can’t wait to see what my second year of university brings me. The only aspect of it I am not looking forward to is having to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment